In a world of binary, either/or opposites, Jesus calls us to something different: a third way. The third way is Love and it is at the centre of being a Christ-informed neighbour. Riversdale Neighbours church is for those who seek to connect life and faith in ways that are driven by love and informed by the beauty and diversity of their neighbourhood.
Riversdale Neighbours is a community centred in the Riversdale & King George Neighbourhoods of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Riversdale Neighbours gathers on land which is the place of belonging for First Nations and Métis people. We gratefully acknowledge First Peoples’ ongoing relationship to this place and with the help of Creator we are humbly working toward healing between all peoples and reconciliation with the Land.
Riversdale Neighbours is part of the Free Methodist Church Riversdale Neighbours is connected to Lakeview Church
- We value the everyday connection we have with the people we live near, all of them. We want to be good neighbours to each other and to everyone around us.
- We think it’s good to be local, to be situated intentionally in a place.
- We think it’s okay to be small. Bigger is not always better. We want to appreciate and pay attention to things that are important, especially things that are too often overlooked. We want to know and be known by the people we share community with.
- We think it’s healthy for the life of our spiritual community to live with us every day beyond the walls of a church building.
- When we come together we welcome and value everyone’s contribution
- We aspire to create spaces for everyone to Participate and Collaborate, including in making music, in prayer, in reading scripture, in sharing food and breaking bread around the table of Jesus.
- We practice grace with lots of permission to try things and fail trying, to join in or to sit back
- Things don’t have to be complicated, we can keep it simple and still make what we do together deeply meaningful and beautiful
- We want to be brave and honest together creating freedom and safety in spaces of mutual sharing.
- We seek to be grounded in our engagement with The Scriptures and in the deep and wide traditions of the Christian Church.
- We are accountable to and supported by the broader church through Lakeview church and the Free Methodist Church In Canada
Q: How do you hope to accomplish something meaningful?
A: By living among our neighbours within the diversity of Riversdale/ King George joining with them in loving acts of imagination
Offering Good news,
Connection to a Spiritual Family,
An open and accepting environment for asking questions,
Opportunity for creative outlet,
Passion that transforms and realizes,
Shared food and Potluck music.
Partying together, and
Finding our place in the ongoing story of God’s renewal of all things.
Q: What does success look like?
A: A vibrant community of active followers of Jesus, who are mutually committed to growing as disciples and sharing as neighbours through:
Their love and
That God’s Kingdom would be revealed through these as a thing of beauty.